- Laÿna Droz, The Concept of Milieu in Environmental Ethics, Individual Responsibility within an Interconnected World, Routledge. Click for more on my book
Peer-reviewed Journals and Book contributions
- Droz, L. 2021, “Distribution of Responsibility for Climate Change within the Milieu”. Philosophies, (6) 3, Special Issue “Just Distribution of Responsibility for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation on a Sub-National Level, open access.
- Droz, L. 2021, “Challenging harmony to save nature? Environmental activism and ethics in Taiwan and Japan”. International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy. Vol. 10 No. 1. https://doi.org/10.5204/ijcjsd.1969 Open access
- Rupprecht, C., Vervoort, J., Berthelsen, C., Mangnus, A., Osborne, N., Thompson, K., A. Y.F. Urushima, M. Kovskaya, M. Spiegelberg, S. Cristiano, J. Springett, B. Marschütz, E. J. Flies, S. R. McGreevy, L. Droz, M. F. Breed, J. Gan, R. Shinkai, Kawai, A. 2020. Multispecies sustainability. Global Sustainability, 3, E34 (December 2020). DOI: 10.1017/sus.2020.28, open access.
- Droz, L. and Chakroun, L. 2020, “Sustainability through landscapes: natural parks, satoyama, and permaculture in Japan“, Ecosystems and People, Vol.16, Issue 1, (November 2020), open access.
- Droz, L. 2020, “Living through Nature Capturing Interdependence and Impermanence in the Life Framework of Values“, Journal of Philosophy of Life, Vol.10, N.1, (July 2020), 78-97.
- Droz, L. 2020, “What ethical responsibilities emerge from our relation with the milieu?”, Human and Nature, Arto Mutanen, Mervi Friman, Mauri Kantola & Taru Konst (eds.), Research Reports from Turku University of Applied Sciences 50, 15-30.
- Droz, L. 2019, “Environmental Individual Responsibility for Accumulated Consequences“, Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 1-15. DOI:10.1007/s10806-019-09816-w
- Droz, L. 2019, “Watsuji’s Milieu and Intergenerational Ethics”, Environmental Ethics Journal, Vol.41, Issue 1, Spring 2019, pp.37-51. DOI: 10.5840/enviroethics20194114
- Droz, L. 2019, “Transnational Civil Disobedience as a Catalyst for Sustainable Democracy”, Rule of Law and Democracy – 12th Kobe Lecture IVR Congress Kyoto 2018, Hirohide Takikawa (ed.), ARSP, 123-134.
- Droz, L. 2019, Redefining Sustainability: From Self-determination to Environmental Autonomy, In Philosophies, 4(3), 42, MDPI Journal (open-access). Download the pdf
- Droz, L. 2018, Watsuji’s Idea of the Self and the Problem of Spatial Distance in Environmental Ethics, European Journal of Japanese Philosophy, Vol. 3., pp.145-168.
- Droz, L. 2018, Cross-cultural Environmental Ethics and Activism in Japan and Taiwan, Proceedings of the International Conference on Multicultural Democracy, May 10th– 13th 2018, Fukuoka, Japan, pp.281-292.
- Download the full text of my Master dissertation on The Embodied Self as a Basis for Environmental Decision-making: Towards an Ethics of Sustainability (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
- Read a preview of my Doctoral dissertation on The Milieu as Common Grounds for Global Environmental Ethics, defended on February 6th 2020 at Kyoto University. My first book The Concept of Milieu in Environmental Ethics, Individual Responsibility within an Interconnected World comes from the doctoral dissertation.