Peer-reviewed Journals and Book contributions
- Droz, L. 2021, “Challenging harmony to save nature? Environmental activism and ethics in Taiwan and Japan”. International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy. Vol. 10 No. 1. https://doi.org/10.5204/ijcjsd.1969 Open access
- Rupprecht, C., Vervoort, J., Berthelsen, C., Mangnus, A., Osborne, N., Thompson, K., A. Y.F. Urushima, M. Kovskaya, M. Spiegelberg, S. Cristiano, J. Springett, B. Marschütz, E. J. Flies, S. R. McGreevy, L. Droz, M. F. Breed, J. Gan, R. Shinkai, Kawai, A. 2020. Multispecies sustainability. Global Sustainability, 3, E34 (December 2020). DOI: 10.1017/sus.2020.28, open access.
- Droz, L. and Chakroun, L. 2020, “Sustainability through landscapes: natural parks, satoyama, and permaculture in Japan“, Ecosystems and People, Vol.16, Issue 1, (November 2020), open access.
- Droz, L. 2020, “Living through Nature Capturing Interdependence and Impermanence in the Life Framework of Values“, Journal of Philosophy of Life, Vol.10, N.1, (July 2020), 78-97.
- Droz, L. 2020, “What ethical responsibilities emerge from our relation with the milieu?”, Human and Nature, Arto Mutanen, Mervi Friman, Mauri Kantola & Taru Konst (eds.), Research Reports from Turku University of Applied Sciences 50, 15-30.
- Droz, L. 2019, “Environmental Individual Responsibility for Accumulated Consequences“, Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 1-15. DOI:10.1007/s10806-019-09816-w
- Droz, L. 2019, “Watsuji’s Milieu and Intergenerational Ethics”, Environmental Ethics Journal, Vol.41, Issue 1, Spring 2019, pp.37-51. DOI: 10.5840/enviroethics20194114
- Droz, L. 2019, “Transnational Civil Disobedience as a Catalyst for Sustainable Democracy”, Rule of Law and Democracy – 12th Kobe Lecture IVR Congress Kyoto 2018, Hirohide Takikawa (ed.), ARSP, 123-134.
- Droz, L. 2019, Redefining Sustainability: From Self-determination to Environmental Autonomy, In Philosophies, 4(3), 42, MDPI Journal (open-access). Download the pdf
- Droz, L. 2018, Watsuji’s Idea of the Self and the Problem of Spatial Distance in Environmental Ethics, European Journal of Japanese Philosophy, Vol. 3., pp.145-168.
- Droz, L. 2018, Cross-cultural Environmental Ethics and Activism in Japan and Taiwan, Proceedings of the International Conference on Multicultural Democracy, May 10th– 13th 2018, Fukuoka, Japan, pp.281-292.
- Laÿna Droz, The Concept of Milieu in Environmental Ethics, Individual Responsibility within an Interconnected World, Routledge. Click for more on my book
- Download the full text of my Master dissertation on The Embodied Self as a Basis for Environmental Decision-making: Towards an Ethics of Sustainability (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
- Read a preview of my Doctoral dissertation on The Milieu as Common Grounds for Global Environmental Ethics, defended on February 6th 2020 at Kyoto University.