Here is a list of the conferences, workshops and symposiums in which I took part. See “Posters” to access the posters, and “Publications” to access other texts.
- Droz, L. (2021, September) Beyond the human-nature divide: Exploring multispecies societies in the context of the global pluralism of worldviews. Paper. GRÉEA’s early career scholars workshop, September 23-24, online.
- Droz, L. (2019, October). Unethical or meaningful inequalities: What reference frame should be used in the global context of pluralism of worldviews? Paper to be discussed at the 12th Next-Generation Global Workshop on “Inequalities”, October 25-26th, Kyoto University, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2019, October). Sustainability and the transmission of meaning: a consensual direction for global environmental ethics? Paper to be presented at theSecond International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life, October 7-9, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
Droz, L. (2019, September), Does “Satoyama” really refer to beautiful landscapes? Paper to be presented at the 5th Annual Conference of the European Network of Japanese Philosophy on “Beauty”, August 29-September 1st, Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2019, August) Menstruation: The power of embracing vulnerability and change. Paper to be presented at the 2nd Conference of the Asian Association for Women Philosophers (AAWP) on “Gender, Power and Dignity in Theory and Practice”, August 22-24th (24.8), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2019, June) Individual Moral Responsibility for Climate Change, Poster presented at the IPCC Week, Kyoto University, International Workshop Visions of a Low-carbon and Resilient Society, June 27th, Kyoto, Japan.
- Droz, L., Ota Kazuhiko, Miyata Akihiro, Oh Tomohiro and Sevilla Anton. (2019, March). Panel presentation (3.23), Fudo and Interdisciplinary Research – Envisioning a Sustainable Society in the Era of Globalism and Localism at the Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion and Philosophy, March 21-23rd, Tokyo, Japan. Droz, L. Is the concept of milieu the key to global environmental ethics? Individual paper (3.22). Invited and financed by the Fudo Project of the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature.
- Droz, L. (2019, January). The Self and the Milieu, Presentation and roundtable on the Self with Prof. Deguchi Yasuo and Prof. Yumiko Inukai, Department of Philosophy, Kyoto University, January 11th, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2018, November). The milieu as a common ground for environmental ethics, Poster presented at the Networking Conference of the Swiss Society of Women in Philosophy, November 23-24th, Bern, Switzerland.
- Droz, L. (2018, August). Ethical Negotiations and the Historical Milieu, Paper presented (8.19) at the World Congress of Philosophy, August 12th-20th, Beijing, China.
- Droz, L. (2018, July). Environmental civil disobedience as catalyst for sustainable democracy. Paper presented at the 1st IVR (International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy) Japan International Conference on “Rule of Law and Democracy”, July 6th-8th, Kyoto, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2018, May). Cross-cultural Environmental Ethics and Activism in Japan and Taiwan. Paper presented (5.12) and published in the proceedings of the International Conference on Multicultural Democracy, May 10th– 13th 2018, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Droz, L. (2017, September). Environmental Activism and Self-Cultivation Practices as Expressions of Ethical Relations with the Historical Milieu in East Asia. Paper presented at the 4th International Conference on Anthropology of Sustainability in Asia Anthropological Perspectives on Holistic Sustainability (CASA 2017), Hiroshima, Japan, September 3rd-5th. Awarded CoHHO subsidies.
- Droz, L. (2017, July). Watsuji Tetsuro’s Historical Milieu and the Ethics of Sustainability. Paper presented at the 2017 International Association for Japanese Philosophy Conference, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, July 28-29. Awarded CoHHO subsidies.
- Droz, L. (2017, June). Intersubjectivity and Milieu in Dialogue with Japanese Phenomenology. Poster presented and discussed at the Mind and Life Research Summer Institute, Garrisson Institute, New York City, USA. Awarded scholarship for travel and stay by the Mind and Life.
- Droz, L. (2017, June). Commentator at the 14th Annual Meeting and Conference on Environmental Philosophy, International Society for Environmental Ethics, Allenspark, Colorado, USA.
- Droz, L. (2016, December). Watsuji’s Conception of the Self as the basis of Ethic of Sustainability. Paper presented at the 2nd Annual Conference of the European Network of Japanese Philosophy, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium.